What is Barley Grass?
Barley grass, or Hordeum vulgare, is the leafy growth of the young barley plant. It has been used by humans for thousands of years. The ancient Egyptians, Romans and Vikings all used barleygrass, and Columbus carried it to the Americas in 1493.
Barley grass is a whole food providing many essential nutrients that act synergistically together optimising bodily functions. Chlorophyll and other essential nutrients act synergistically in barley grass to detoxify the body from destructive toxins such as heavy metals and pollutants that we digest every day.
It has amazing ability to concentrate maximum nutrients from soil. Barley grass is naturally rich source of chlorophyll. It contain vitamins and minerals. These include potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, beta carotene, B1, B2, B6, C, folic acid, and pantothenic acid. As it also provides a substantial amount of folic acid, pantothenic acid, carotenoids, (including beta-carotene) and organic sodium, it is small wonder it has been labeled a superfood.
Scientific names: Hordeum vulgare, Hordeum distichon
Common names: Barley also is known as barley grass and hordeum.
Barley Grass is a group of multifunctional Nutrient.
Due to its multifunctional nutrients, Barley Grass has strong anti-oxidant properties along with additional benefits.
Chlorophyll: Barley Grass is rich in Chlorophyll, alsocalled as Green Blood. This Chlorophyll plays vital role in Photosynthesis, which allows the plant to obtain energy through sunlight. Its structure resembles to structure of heme found in the hemoglobin. The only difference is with the Magnesium and the iron molecule.
- Antioxidant (free radical scavenger)
- Helps preventing cancer.
- Supports Blood circulation and increases Hemoglobin
- Helps in wound healing.
It is anti-inflammatory, and enhances immune system. They have a beneficial action on numerous physiological processes in the body and have been found to benefit the heart, blood vessels, liver, immune system, connective tissue, adrenal glands, kidneys, musculature and nervous systems.
Green leafy vegetables are rich in carotenoids but their pigments are a green color because of chlorophyll. In addition to being antioxidants, carotenoids also help to rejuvenate the body by promoting the growth of healthy cells
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins
- Building blocks for protein
- Energise the body.
- Regulation of biochemical reactions
- Cancer prevention
- Stimulates cellular repair.
- Plays vital role in biological processes
- Beneficial for good vision
- Supports tissue growth
- Helpful in wound healing
- Helpful in formation of haemoglobin
- Essential for healthy functioning of Nervous system.
- Supports reproductive health
How to use:
Direction for use: Take 1-2 teaspoon (approx 3 gms) of Barley grass powder
daily mix with water, juice or smoothie in the morning or as recommended by the
Healthcare Practitioner. It should ideally be taken on empty stomach before
Pregnant or lactating women are advised to consume herbal products under the
advice of the Healthcare Practitioner.
Disclaimer : * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or symptomps of disease, but only for nutritional purpose.
- Helps support lowers blood cholesterol levels.
- Helps detoxification of the body.
- It protects against cancer because its high fiber content helps speed food through the digestive tract, and because its a good source of selenium, shown to significantly reduce the risk of colon cancer
- It is a good source of niacin, the B vitamin that is cardio-protective
- Slows starch digest ion, which may help keep blood sugar levels stable
- Provides high concentrations of tocotrienols, the “super” form of vitamin E
- It neutralizes toxins in the body, making it an effective element in detoxification programs.
- It helps to purify the liver.
- Rich in the natural level of Enzyme SOD (superoxide dismutase) powerful antioxidant that protect cells.