Wheatgrass (Triticum Aestivum) is a Super Green food that overcomes nutritional deficiencies. Wheatgrass is known for its therapeutic value since ancient times. It has amazing ability to concentrate maximum nutrients from soil. Wheatgrass is naturally rich source of chlorophyll. It contain Chlorophyll,13 macro mineral, more than 75 trace minerals, all the 20 amino acids, 13 Vitamins, Enzymes, Flavonoids, Saponins, Essential Fatty Acids(EFAs).
Common name: Wheatgrass (Wheat Grass)
Botanical Latin Name / Classification: Triticum Aestivum
History of Wheatgrass
The consumption of wheatgrass in the Western world began in the 1930s as a result of experiments made by Charles F. Schnabel, an American agricultural chemist, on the natural healing properties of the wheatgrass. Dr. Schnabel started to popularize the plant and classified it for its active benefits. He soon launched the first wheatgrass powder product to be sold in USA.
During the 1940’s, Ann Wigmore studies concluded that there are 4700 varieties of grass worldwide, all are good for human, especially wheatgrass, “The Medicinal Grass”, therefore wheatgrass juice was promoted as a remedy for various ailments.
Since then, wheatgrass has been celebrated in health and medical circles as one of the most abundant super food and nature’s greatest gift, as well as being in a form that is easily and effortlessly assimilated and digested by our bodies.
Various studies and researches have established that wheatgrass contains higher concentrations of vitamins, minerals, vegetables fiber, essential amino acids and phytonutrients when compared to other fruits and vegetables. Indeed it is one of nature’s richest cocktail of chlorophyll and living enzymes, the very essence of life’s energy.
Nutrients in Wheatgrass Powder:
Wheatgrass is so nutrient-rich, in fact, it is equivalent in nutritional value to 1kg of leafy green vegetables. Wheatgrass contains enzymes which help in the digestion and metabolisation of nutrients.
Wheatgrass is a group of multifunctional Nutrient.
|Nutrients||Vitamins||Minerals||Amino Acids||Enzymes||Fatty Acids|
|Proteins||*Vitamin A||Calcium (Ca)||Alanine||*Peroxidase||*Linoleic Acids|
|Carbohydrates||Vitamin B12||Potassium (K)||Arginine||Superoxide Dismutase|
|Calories||Vitamin B12||Iron (Fe)||Asparagine||Cytochrome Oxidase|
|Dietary fibre||*Vitamin C||Sodium (Na)||Aspartic Acid||Lipase|
|*Chlorophyll||Vitamin E||Zinc (Zn)||Cysteine|
|Fat||Vitamin B17||Magnesium (Mg)||Glutamic Acid|
|Folic Acid(B9)||*Selenium (Se)||Glutamine|
*These acts as Anti-oxidants.
Due to its multifunctional nutrients, wheatgrass has strong anti-oxidant properties along with additional benefits
Chlorophyll: Whetagrass is rich in Chlorophyll, alsocalled as Green Blood. This Chlorophyll plays vital role in Photosynthesis, which allows the plant to obtain energy through sunlight. Its structure resembles to structure of heme found in the hemoglobin. The only difference is with the Magnesium and the iron molecule.
- Antioxidant (free radical scavenger)
- Helps preventing cancer.
- Supports Blood circulation and increases Hemoglobin
- Helps in wound healing
- Building blocks for protein
- Energise the body.
- Regulation of biochemical reactions
- Cancer prevention
- Stimulates cellular repair.
- Supports Cardiovascular
- Reproductive, Nervous & immune system.
- Plays vital role in biological processes
- Beneficial for good vision
- Supports tissue growth
- Helpful in wound healing
- Helpful in formation of haemoglobin
- Essential for healthy functioning of Nervous system.
- Supports reproductive health
- Builds Immunity
- Helps in Detoxification
- Cancer prevention
- Reduces Cholesterol level.
- Dealys or prevents the onset of diseases casue by free radicals.
- Anti inflammatory activity, anti-viral & anti bacterial.
- Improvement of endothelial functions.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases & high blood pressure.
- Inhibits platelet aggregation.
Benefits of Wheatgrass powder
- Wheatgrass as an Energizer owing to the presence of Vitamin, Minerals & all the amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
- It is best Natural antioxidant.
- Helps strengthen immune system.
- Helps in blood purification and boosting blood circulation.
- Helps reduces cholesterol and Blood Sugar Levels
- Helps Increases Energy Levels and Reduces Fatigue
- Helps Increases Red Blood Cell Counts
- Helps in Weight Loss or Weight gain.
- Helps resolve digestion related disorders.
- Helps in skin & hair nourishment.
- Gargling with wheat-grass powder juice relieves sore throat.
- It contains antioxidants which repair damaged cells and rejuvenates aging cells.
- Relieves constipation and regulates bowel movement
How to use:
Direction for use: Take 1 teaspoon (approx 3 gms) of powder daily mix with
water, juice or smoothie in the morning or as recommended by the Healthcare
Practitioner. It should ideally be taken on empty stomach before meal.
Caution : Pregnant or lactating women are advised to consume
herbal products under the advice of the Healthcare Practitioner.
Disclaimer : These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.